Saturday, March 7, 2009

19

Celebrating my birthday in the Philippines was...
quite the experience.
Woke up at 1:30 am and recieved a text from a special friend at home saying "Happy Birthday". I smiled and went back to bed.
Woke up at 6am, brushed the ants off my body, and headed off to the office where we had a breakfast fellowship for all the youth leaders from our partner churches.
They sang "Happy Birthday" in Tagalog to me...
Had lunch.
Ate Pen and I then went to the Divisoria
(a huge market where you can buy anything and everything for extreamly cheap)
and we visited a friend's house right near the place.
Now this was an experience...
let's just say I ate random tasty food in a random sketchy house with a pig's head one inch from my plate and Ate Pen kept poking the tongue with her fork while I watched lizards and cocroaches crawl across the room while 2 older men (one was gay) served us more and more food...
I then went home and went out with a friend to celebrate...
I will probably never forget this birthday!

No comments: