Saturday, January 3, 2009

buk-o



I've decided that if I were stranded here and I had to find a job I would first be a baker.
The bakeries here are on every second corner and they make fresh bread every couple hours...

My second job would be a BUKO VENDER. [Buko meaning coconut.]

From my window right now I can hear them calling out, "Buk-ooo!" I often see them and make up stories of what their lives are like while they push this cart...what do they think about?...are they supporting a family?...do they even like the taste of coconut?...did they choose this job?...
My least favourite job here would be to sweep streets. I don't even know if they are paid minimum wage. They are always dirty and they all have to wear these long sleeved (yes, in this weather) dark blue uniforms...
Sometimes I pray and plead to the Lord, "Oh Father, please don't ever let me be stuck in a job like this where I would hate it and where it would be so boring!
I'm reading "Safely Home" by Randy Alcorn and he had this to say:

No comments: