Saturday, January 10, 2009

love in the mail...

So, the day started out like this.
I woke up late, showered, made some oatmeal and green tea, ran out the door.
Alas, it had rained al night long so the puddles covered the majority of the streets.
This would not be a problem for most Filipinos because everyone here can walk in flip flops without getting mud up the back of their legs -
everyone that is, except for me.
The bus dropped me off and I headed off. I do not mention the times I am almost hit by vehicals here to my mother.
Crossing the street looks somthing like this: I find a Filipino and watch them from the corner of my eye, standing parallel with them. When they move, I move too. We make it past one lane and come to a quick stop on the white dotted line and I hold my breath as a bus comes inches from my nose. Then we continue on, a couple more lanes this time, and then stop again [right in the middle] to let some more vehicals past. When we make it to the other side I smile to the wonderful Filipino who has helped me [unknowingly] cross the street and I smile to my Lord who was holding my hand.
The day at the center was great - the kids are so perfect. I know that Christ indeed loves them.
{I shall share more later on this subject...}
When I got home the guard winked at me and handed me a slip of paper telling me I had a package in the mail! So I hopped on my bike and grabbed the map.

How wonderful - my family and friends sent the most beautiful package from home! Letters upon letters were given. My family sent many wonderful things....

So to all who were involved in sending love in the package -

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

No comments: