Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas in the Philippines!

The Lord blessed me with Ate Pen's family to spend Christmas day with! First time eating rice and ox's tongue as a Christmas dinner (and they only told me that after I had my second helping!) It was a wonderful day full of...um...many different things! I am so blessed.
Mt. Pinatubo. This volcano erupted in 1991 and we had the privilege of climbing it! The hike started out with a 1 hour drive in a 4x4 which was my first experience. We then hiked through rocks and creeks and bush to get to the crater's edge.

Once we got to the top the scene was spectacular! After taking some random pictures we went down to the water. The water was warm and I conveniently had my baithing suit on and so did the guys so we jumped in! How wonderful it was...


The "mom" shot. Always have to take one of these.Asia is so mysterious to me...and so wonderful.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girl,
I am glad you had fun this Christmas! Your pictures look great!Take care and know that we are thinking of you!

Janelle said...

What an exciting Christmas! I love hearing of the experiences that you've had! You are such an encouragement to me.