Friday, December 5, 2008

smokey moutain



it's called that because it's truly a mountain of garbage...
it is home to over 20,000 people.
it is the work place of these people.
Many "why's" came into mind.
We were able to give a Christmas party for about 600 kids and their families. We set up games including free popcorn, icecream and cotton candy! We then gave out grocery bags to the families and gift bags to the kids. They all gathered in a covered area at the end for a puppet show that presented the gospel.

The building behind me is home to these kids. There are 21 buildings, 5 stories high, that the government built. In these buildings it is home to 18,000 people. I was able to visit one of the buildings at night time. While I was climing the stairs, seeing the "homes" and smelling the thick smells while several kids grabbed at my arms I told the Lord, "Uh, Father, this is what I had imagined Hell to look like." He immedietly asked me, "So, Robynn, you don't think I'm here? You don't think I'm doing good things here? Really? Open your eyes, Robynn." Sure enough I did and the kids with their big brown eyes were smiling at me...

Oh may I never look through my eyes! The Lord is doing much much more than I know of...

and that is how we could even hold a party for 600 kids living in a dump.

2 comments:

Deanna Marie said...

oh bobs. I dont even know what to say. I love you so much.

Anonymous said...

hey Robynn!
Good job with Christmas parties! We pray for you a lot! Hugs and kisses! Iryna Fungo