Sunday, December 14, 2008

so this morning...

I woke up late.
Got up, showered and shivered,
then realized it was Sunday.
I prayed over my bag (so it wouldn't be stolen)
and hopped on my bike to go to church.
The english speaking church!
I then decided I wanted to try and find a mall to go Christmas shopping.
Got lost.
Found the mall, parked my bike, and went in.
Only to find out it was the wrong place: not even a mall.
Went out to retrieve my bike.
Flat tire.
Hobbled to the mall (finally) and again parked my wounded bike.
Got past security and was overwhelmed by how crowded it was!
Tried to find a place that made soup.
Found it and sat down.
Mmmm...Snow Crab soup...
I then decided I was too overwhelmed to shop and I really had no idea how I was going to get home with a flat tire so I made my way out of the mall trying my best to hold back my frustration and almost tears.
Sure enough - I had parked my bike beside a machanic's shop.
A handsom young boy filled my tire for free...
Hummed a Christmas tune on the way home.
Had a cup of tea.
"For do not worry about tomorrow for today has enough trouble of its own..."

2 comments:

Deanna Marie said...

mmm bobs. crab soup sounds amazing...seriously though I cant even imagine where you are. I cant even imagine. but oh i will see you soon. yes very soon. :] much love. ps, I am so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

hey Robynn,

I think you should be a writer or journalist at the least! I was shivering reading your day story!!!

Take care there,ok?

God bless your day,
Iryna