Tuesday, December 23, 2008

story of the 23rd

So I decided to celebrate my Christmas on the 23rd since I would be alone.
I cooked my favourite (squash) and some eggs with green tea.
(Really, I do like it!)
Then I thought to myself..."if I were to have a family some day would they eat this?"
Probably not.
I laughed and continued cooking, hoping my skills would improve some time soon.
Once I had cooked I set my plate of food on my window sill and turned off the lights, for I had wanted to see the beautiful city lights from where I would sit.
Alas, it was too dark.
I then remembered my small string of Christmas lights -
what a brilliant idea!
I wanted to read the Christmas story at my window so I also retrieved my Bible.
I then plugged in the Christmas lights and -
BZZZZZZ!!!
Yes, I was electricuted!
I screamed at the top of my lungs for I could not let go of the lights!
It was tramatizing to say the least (for that long 2 seconds).
The lights burned out and I threw them across the room
(maybe out of fear....maybe out of anger...maybe because my hand was burning)
Then I laughed.
Oh how I laughed at my silly little girl's scream and my lights that were strewn across the room.
--
So I sat with my bright flourescent light eating and reading
and wished myself and all those who heard my girly scream
a merry christmas.
:)

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Have a blessed Christmas! We will miss you but are super excited to hear the stories of what God has (and will do) done in your life during this time. You are in our prayers!

Love Janelle

Anonymous said...

hey Robynn! Have a very merry Christmas! We are praying for you!